With the rapid changes in technology, communication process among people has been simplified to its core. Emails are one of the most authentic and even a formal way of communicating. It provides the best of both world situation, and if you are an AOL email user, you must surely know about its features. However, if you come across any issues with the AOL mail, you must resolve them before you meet the perfect storm. Do not wait for a crisis and immediately solve the error. Either get in touch with the technical executives at AOL customer support number or perform the steps manually as discussed in this blog. Moreover, if you have deleted your account by mistake or it gets inactive due to no activity in the mailbox, this can call for another worse situation. Do you want to learn how to reactivate the account? If yes, keep on following this blog.
Things that you need to know about AOL account
First of all, you should understand the basics. If AOL finds that your account is inactive for more than 90 days, there are high chances that you need to reactivate the account. You will also receive a warning message regarding the same. But if there is no activity for more than 180 days, then AOL will assume that you no longer need your account and will delete everything permanently and you cannot restore that account anyhow. So before time flies, activate the account or to say reactivate the account. If you have accidentally deleted your account or it stays inactive for 90 days, you can restore it by performing some quick steps.
Steps to Reactivate the AOL account
- Launch the web browser and then search for AOL Email website
- Click on the link and then search for ‘Password Assistance Page.’
- Select, ‘I’m having problems signing in.’
- Enter your AOL username and then tap on ‘Continue.’
- Enter your password and again click on ‘Continue.’
- You will now see a verification link on your screen, opt for the ‘Recovery Request Form.’
- Answer some questions that follow. Ensure that you do not damage any answers; otherwise, there are high chances that AOL will block you.
- Submit the form. You will now receive another mail with a subject ‘Reactivate AOL account.’
- Open the recovery email and then tap on the link attached in the body. You now need to create a new password, and after following the on-screen instructions, you can easily reactivate your old AOL account.
So, it is suggested that do not make matters worse and reactivate the account before 180 days; else you will lose the account permanently. However, if you come across any issue, do contact AOL customer service number and connect with the techies.